February 25 – 27, 2011
5th Annual Alamos Silver Festival
Good food, great presentations, and best of all, you get to shop some of the most mouth-watering silver designs you’ll ever see!
There’s a reason the Camino Real ran through Alamos: back in the day, its mines made it the premier “Silver City” of Northern Mexico. We’re very excited to be a part of the celebration of the town’s glittering heyday, and invite you to stay with us and enjoy the best of Alamos and Hacienda de los Santos. We’ve put together fabulous weekend Silver Festival Experience—click here for details and reservations!
- Booths open up on Friday morning at 10 a.m. Get ready to give your shopping muscles a great workout! This is Mexican silver at its very best along with some very special Alamos-only pricing.
- Throughout the weekend you’ll be able to enjoy complimentary lectures by our silver experts in the Hacienda theater—dial 0 and we will give provide you with a list of topics and times.
- Silver-smithing classes will be available on Friday and Saturday for a limited number of participants. Cost is $50 USD per student to be paid to silversmith Ron Burham. Learn the secrets of bending and shaping this precious metal into your own personal design!
- Photographer Dana Waldon will be on-hand all weekend to take your portrait! Each shoot will be approximately one hour long and will be specifically tailored to you. Please make appointments with Jamie at email@example.com.
- Don’t forget to purchase your raffle tickets during the weekend! Our fabulous Silver Raffle will include pieces donated by each of the 16 participating artists, and all proceeds will go to the renovation of our town church, La Parroquia de la Purísima Concepción (sponsored by Obra de Arte). Tickets are $50 USD each; 5 for $200 USD; 25 for $500 USD; and 60 for $1,000 USD. It’s a worthy cause and you could come away with some truly astounding silver jewelry that will be the envy of all your friends!
- The Raffle will take place during our Silver Gala Dinner on Saturday night—you need not be present to win, but we hope you won’t miss this chance to have a fantastic gourmet meal and show off all your amazing silver pieces! It’s your night to shine! The price for the Silver Gala Dinner is $25 USD + tax and tip. House wine and well drinks are available for $5 USD per drink.
Featuring Silver Artists:
Emilia Castillo | Lawrence Baca | Jewels | Julio Pagliani | Ron Burhham | Noa James | Agnes Seabass | Jean-Maruice Lacroux | Damian & Alex Vazquez | Hacienda Vintage Silver | Collection | Jose Brilanti | Alejandro & Roxana Gentil | Das Lanzoloti | Douglas Magnus | Coreen Cordova | Gina Pankowski | Greg Souther